Now and forever a wonderful journey. . .

A journey of a thousand miles begins with a simple step. .Take a peek-a-boo on my journey. . .the soul of which is liberty,to think,to feel and to do as I please....

Monday, May 3, 2010

Reaching Out To you..


This little poem will always remain closest to my heart... I remember how it took form..it was just another sultry afternoon and I was back in school... Over the constant hum of business studies and accounts, I felt the words creeping into my half lulled brain...I crammed the words into the sides of my already tattered heavily sketched textbook ( and earning a disgusted look from my friend Smruti..)...Those days the words freedom had its meaning synonymous to the end of a double accountancy class... (my ex-boyfriend thought otherwise..to him freedom meant someone not bothering weather he lived or died..aah ones own perception)..I 'm getting carried away... I remember hurtling home and calling up my friend Inku( Thats what everyone knows him as..so Inku it is)... and he promised to put it to tune if I polished it up...This marked the beginning of my addiction to words in rhyme...  And I owe it all to Inku who promised to make it a song before I turned 22 and kept his promise before my 20th....
This is our special piece..Reaching out to you... and  it creates a wave of nostalgia in me every time I think of it... I

I wake up each day hoping you’ll be there...
at the end of the day…. your fo
otsteps die away
I realize with a jolt that it was just another day
You seem so far,so far away…

I hope for a look, a smile, a message through your eyes
but you seem so plunged in your fantasies to realize my cry....
Another year,another tear…another summer another fear.
But there is no another You for me..
When you walk by your eyes devoid of feeling,
You fail to hear my heart beating out to you..
And when you read me,more than I ever write
You fail to hear my heart reaching out to you..

there are  you’ve  given me hope....like flashes of lightning
but then the pelting down of rain falls over.....
Leaving me to cry alone..

Time is ticking on...
waiting for your footsteps
but you are moving away…
every moment. Every day….

I hope that I’m dreaming. The memories and the tears
Hoping you’ll come back one day
………..to wake me up again….
another day..another moment..
another year another tear...
another summer another autumn
time is gallopin away..just as the rift between us  keeps widenin
every day...
every second
every moment
it drifts apart
and only memories linger
…………………… to bridge them back together

No comments:

Post a Comment