Now and forever a wonderful journey. . .

A journey of a thousand miles begins with a simple step. .Take a peek-a-boo on my journey. . .the soul of which is liberty,to think,to feel and to do as I please....

Monday, March 7, 2011

seasons greetings



Here’s an ode to you and me
A tad more than what you really see
For I don’t merely come and go
But with the feel and souvenirs and so much more

When I’ve got my sunny side up
I bring the shine and warmth of a buttercup
You call me summer the season of love
Of sand castles and seashells on a sunny beach cove

I’m warm, I ‘m bubbly and I ‘m here to please
Shine I do mightily on you till your love for me ceases to be
Then you wish I went behind a cloud
“Its time I change” I say out loud

I turn away and go sober and bleak
Gone is my sunny self, not even a peek
I fall into a stupor and shed tears of leaves
And you call me autumn, the season of relief


As months go by I come out of my shell
And puff out my cheeks and blow and swell
I charge out trailing snow, ice and hail
My breath cold and fierce like a blowing gale
 You greet me with joy skate about my trail
But as I get stronger you rush for shelter
And ward me off with fire as warm as my summery self
You wish my sunny self was here to get you warm as toast
And I laugh out biting cold and to myself I boast!

As a new year dawns bright and clear
I revive from my cocoon of ice, to treat my near and dear
With a spring in my leap, I kiss the flowers to bloom
I cheer the birds to sing and melt away gloom…

As you dance around celebrating the time
I sigh to see your lives, so much like mine

When I was there to please, you wish for me to fade
And when I turned away you begged for me to stay
For in life too, we never stay the same,
Change is a must, be it name or fame
My final words to you is to change for the right reason
And you’ll find me greeting you, as yet another season…

Yours truly
Season…..


No comments:

Post a Comment