Now and forever a wonderful journey. . .

A journey of a thousand miles begins with a simple step. .Take a peek-a-boo on my journey. . .the soul of which is liberty,to think,to feel and to do as I please....

Monday, May 3, 2010

So close..Yet so far....

To all those who have found a true friend…..and lost….to all those who have people so close to you...yet so far…




The scraps of paper floating through the air might never ever find you...
I turned to you to guide me through
You taught me how to be a friend...
How can I be a friend in a world where you have turned a bend?
The chance is as much as these scraps of paper finding you…
I am turning away from my window
By the time you come back, the papers will be blown afar…
But you ill be further from my heart
So close….yet so far

These papers were once letters. Scraps of papers calling for secret rendezvous
They carried a wish, a command, the strengthening of a bond
I saved the notes you sent those days
In a vault all in your praise
I followed you like a devoted shadow…
The same you said you couldn’t be without...
But now you do not even turn around
To find the shadow on the ground
You fail to see it is fading away…floating away
Like the scraps of paper through the air
So close…yet so far

Those days the time was ours…
We spoke of things over the hours
It was not love...It was not admiral
But a brink above all that
If I was to be...You were a part of me
I complimented you, you completed me
We had our lives to talk….for without you...There was no me
How have we reached a point...a point where you have no time for me?
Where did the ‘time’ that halted for us go beyond where I can see?
Did you float away…or did I?
Am I floating away our cherished times in those scraps of paper which carried our lines?
Why aren’t you there to pick them up?
Our time is soon going to swallow them up
And you’re so close….yet so far

I can’t stand to see them float away…
I can hear your voice fading away..
Your face being washed away
Oh,you re walking away
Now I am going to turn away
I’ll watch out for you till the day dawns….
A day when you turn around to gaze my way
Then our time will settle our fate
Till that day I turn away
To shut out the day..
When you’re so close….yet so far

No comments:

Post a Comment